As a successful school principal, you know how lonely it can be. It is difficult to find someone with whom you can share the issues you are facing with complete freedom and safety
John provides just such a sounding board combined with a great depth of understanding around the issues facing schools and school leaders as our education systems slowly transform themselves. At the heart of this change is the transformation of the leader themselves to model the behaviours that prepare students for the future.
What does a mentor do?
The following are among a mentor’s functions vis-à-vis the ‘mentoree’:
- The following are among a mentor’s functions vis-à-vis the ‘mentoree’:
- Teaches about a specific issue
- Coaches on a particular skill
- Facilitates growth by sharing resources and networks
- Challenges to move beyond the comfort zone
- Creates a safe learning environment for taking risks
- Focuses on total development of the person